Must have skills:
- System Administration
- Windows Server
- Apache Tomcat
Good to have skills:
The project is about monitoring and managing 20+ servers running both Linux and Windows Server that host the CMS serving content to the various on-site installations.
As a Senior SysAdmin, you will work alongside the small existing team to manage the client’s 20+ servers.
Your responsibilities include:
- Take part in the management and monitoring of the on-premise servers
- Assist with the deployment of new projects in various locations
- Communicate with end customers regarding their infrastructure needs, restrictions, etc.
- Provide “firefighting” assistance in case of rare infrastructure incidents.
- Be proactive in suggesting and integrating new tools, methodologies, approaches or improvements to existing ones
- Experience managing both Linux and Windows servers
- Experience in managing Apache-based web servers running both Tomcat and plain Apache
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools like Ansible or similar in order to help the client modernize and automate their infrastructure
- Able to communicate in German
The project is hourly, with at least 8 hours per week depending on the running customer projects or automation/improvement initiatives.
About the client:
Our client is a Swiss market leader and expert in the field of digital in-store communications, developing complete digital solutions for the retail business and malls.