Must have skills:
- Data Engineering
- Amazon Redshift
- Data Modelling
- Analytical Skills
Good to have skills:
Our client is looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join them and take the lead to build their data stack.
You will be responsible from building out the client’s data stack from the ground up and be expected to provide your experience and know how to advise on the core architecture and build process.
- 5+ years experience working as a Data Engineer
- Experience with relational and MPP databases (Snowflake, Redshift, Big Query etc).
- Experience with data modelling techniques (Kimball/Star, Datavault, etc).
- Experience with SQL and query design on large, complex datasets
- Experience with cloud and big-data tools and frameworks like Databricks/Spark, Airflow, Snowflake, etc.
- Expertise designing and developing with distributed data processing platforms like Databricks/Spark.
- Experience using ELT/ETL tools such as DBT, FiveTran, etc.
- Understanding of Agile Delivery best practice
- Good knowledge of the relevant technologies e.g. SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Python, ETL pipelines, Airflow, Hadoop, Parquet.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Ability to present solutions and limitations to non-IT business experts