Must have skills:
- Database Architecture
- Data Strategy
- AWS Lambda
- Tech Lead
- Data Engineering
Good to have skills:
- Data Analytics
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Machine Learning (ML)
Our client is looking for a Lead Data Engineer to help them drive the development and architecture of a robust and scalable data platform.
You will be required to travel to client offices in Munich, Germany for onboarding (1-2 weeks) and occassional travel post this.
- Take responsibility for the data architecture and the technical design of the data platform together with the data team.
- Build and grow a skilled engineering team
- Develop and own the data model in close collaboration with the customers and the service providers, designing and implementing the data architecture covering all areas from ingestion through transformation / harmonization to consumption.
- Define and deploy a suitable technical architecture leveraging state of the art AWS services based on the functional and non-functional requirements
- Lead and mentor the data engineers, data analysts and DevOps engineers within the data team
- Understand and explain advantages and disadvantages of the proposed solutions to internal and external stakeholders, at different levels
- Be accountable for the on-time and to-quality delivery of the data assets
- Works closely with the Product Owners with the aim of meeting current and future user needs
- Solid experience as a data architect, a lead data engineer or in a similar role
- Master (MSc) or equivalent experience in a technical field (for example, Computer Science, Engineering…)
- Experience in designing and implementing and end to end data solution based on the cloud (Data-Lake with cataloging and lineage capabilities with AWS Stack)
- Previous experience of Implementing Lambda architecture with AWS Stack.
- Demonstrable experience in leading teams of data engineers / data analysts
- Familiar with the handling of large data sets
- Knowledge of database technologies and fundamentals incl. coding proficiency in SQL
- Experience with the AWS stack is a strong plus
- Experience with Snowflake is required
- Ability to manage security topics in an enterprise environment
- Excellent analytical, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Strong collaboration skills, ability to explore new paths and work in international teams
- DevOps Mindset (you build it, you run it)
- Experience working in cross-functional development teams using agile methodologies
- German language would be nice to have
About the client:
Our client is one of the world’s leading insurers and asset managers with operations in more than 65 countries.