Must have skills:
- Data Engineering
Good to have skills:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Machine Learning (ML)
- Data Analytics
Our client is looking for a Data Engineer to help them create transparency within their departments, leveraging the power of data to create meaningful insights and statistics, track all commercial transactions and improve the AI/ML models.
- Design, develop, test, debug, document and implement the artefacts of the UfC data platform as part of an agile team. This includes: Raw layer (blob storage), harmonizes data model and consumption layer, ingestion and transformation pipelines, data quality measures, AWS managed services required for the data architecture and reports / dashboards used by the customers.
- Ensure fulfillment of non-functional requirements of the solution, such as performance, data protection, IT security and ergonomics/usability
- Take over end-to-end responsibility over the implemented data assets and maintain them in production (DevOps mindset – you build it, you run it)
- Work closely with the product owner and the data architect with the aim of meeting current and future user needs
- Keep up with trends and evolving technology in the big data and analytics world
- Solid experience as a data engineer or in a similar role
- Master (MSc) or equivalent experience in a technical field (for example, Computer Science, Engineering…)
- Strong Experience in setting up a data platform in a cloud environment (preferably in AWS)
- Strong Experience in using state of the art data and analytics tools (Snowflake, Databricks or AWS Tooling incl. Glue, Kinesis, Athena etc.)
- Experience with setting up real time data delivery and analytics modern tools like Kinesis Streams, Spark Streaming etc.
- Familiar with the handling of large data sets
- Knowledge of database technologies and fundamentals incl. coding proficiency in SQL
- Being able to manage security topics in an enterprise environment
- Excellent analytical, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Strong collaboration skills, ability to explore new paths and work in international teams
- Experience working in cross-functional development teams using agile methodologies
About the client:
Our client is one of the world’s leading insurers and asset managers with operations in more than 65 countries.