Must have skills:
Our client is looking for an AWS DevOps Engineer to design, implement and maintain the AWS cloud infrastructure for their platform and ensure that best practices are being used.
- Ensure that suitable AWS tools and services are being implemented, managing the performance, scalability, security, data protection, reliability and cost efficiency of the platform
- Take responsibility together with the team and own the AWS stack
- Monitor the infrastructure, identifying issues and areas for improvement, as well as proposing, implementing, and overseeing enhancements
- Ensure the smooth operation of our environment
- Evaluate new technologies in the field of infrastructure automation and cloud computing
- Look for opportunities to improve performance, reliability and automation
- Make the engineers developing the products and the data store happy by providing the required environments, infrastructure and development tools.
- Resolve incidents and change requests
- Master (MSc) or equivalent experience in a technical field (for example, Computer Science, Engineering…)
- Strong experience with Linux incl. Scripting (Bash, Python)
- Strong experience in building scalable infrastructures, preferably in AWS.
- Expert knowledge in relevant cloud tools and techniques (Terraform, CI/CD, Docker & K8s, Storage Accounts, relation / no-SQL databases, networking etc.)
- AWS Certified solutions architect Associate or Professional is a strong plus
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and the requirements of a data platform
- Infrastructure Security Principles
- Excellent analytical, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Strong collaboration skills, ability to explore new paths and work in international teams
- Experience working in cross-functional DevOps teams using agile methodologies
About the client:
Our client is one of the world’s leading insurers and asset managers with operations in more than 65 countries.